Ammer Dbeis accepts the 2014 $13,000 Governor’s Scholarship from Janice K. Brewer, Former Governor of Arizona. Also in attendance are Scholarship Committee Members (L to R) Keith Southergill, Robert Greninger, Dr. Ileana Orlich, Dr. George Gummerman and John Hall.
2016 GOVERNOR'S SCHOLARSHIP
The Consular Corps of Arizona is proud to sponsor the Governor’s Scholarship. As an organization dedicated to civic engagement and fostering educational opportunity, the CCAZ created this award in 2013 to honor an outstanding new graduate from one of the three state universities. This annual scholarship, now in its third year, will be presented to a student who has exhibited exceptional academic merit, to assist them in pursuing a graduate degree at Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, or the University of Arizona.
This scholarship is not affiliated with the Office of the Arizona Governor, nor is it aligned with any of the three universities. The steering and selection committee come from the fields of education, business, and government.
The Governor’s Scholarship is a nonrenewable financial award in the amount of ten thousand dollars ($10,000). It must be used to pursue immediate graduate study at Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, or the University of Arizona. The scholarship cannot be deferred or transferred. Upon confirmation of enrollment, the funds will be distributed directly to the appropriate institution of postsecondary education.
The Governor’s Scholarship is designed to award academic excellence and commitment to community. The selected student will have distinguished himself or herself as an accomplished scholar: motivated, well-rounded, high achieving, and intellectually curious. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated desire to serve others, a record of civic enrichment, and an interest in foreign affairs, political science, government, or a related field.
- Be a graduate of ASU, NAU, or the UofA in December of 2015 or May of 2016
- Enroll in graduate studies at ASU, NAU, or the UofA in the fall of 2016 for the 2016-2017 academic year
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.7
- Submit all required application materials pursuant to the Submission Criteria below
- No exceptions will be made to *any* of the above four scholarship requirements. However, students with a 3.6 - 3.69 GPA who believe the Spring 2016 semester will elevate their final GPA to 3.7 may still apply.
A complete application must be received by 11:59PM on Sunday, March 27, 2016
A complete application will consist of all of the following:
1) Application Cover Letter (Please scroll to the bottom of this page for a link to download the document)
2) Unofficial University Transcript (subject to verification and graduation confirmation at the discretion of the Steering and Selection Committee).
3) Three (3) essays. 500 word, 3000 character maximum per essay. Be specific.
Service Essay: Highlight your commitment to service. Include your most valued experiences, goals for engagement, and how you achieved meaningful outcomes.
Academic Achievement Essay: Describe your most significant academic achievement or intellectual endeavor. Highlight how it will influence your graduate education and goals for the future.
Major and Career Goals Essay: Explain how your personal experiences shaped who you are today and how they impacted your choice in major and career. Also describe your vision of your professional life and contributions to your community 10 years from now.
4) A curriculum vitae.
5) Two academic letters of recommendation.
These materials must be submitted together via email to email@example.com (confirmation of receipt will be provided). For any recommender who wishes to submit a confidential letter of support, please email the document separate from the primary application packet to the same address by the March 27 deadline.
- Application deadline: 11:59PM on Sunday, March 27
- Finalist and Alternate Notification: Monday, April 11
- Finalist In-Person Interviews: Monday, April 25 (day, time, and Phoenix location TBD)
- Final Decision Notification: Monday, April 25
* Finalists unable to participate in the in-person interview component of the process will be replaced with an alternate candidate.
2016 Governor's Scholarship Cover Letter.pdf
Size : 334.308 Kb
Type : pdf